The California Police Athletic Federation (CPAF) is proud to announce that the 2021 United States Police & Fire Championships (USPFC) are now Presented by Bio-One, Inc.
Operating under the motto, "Help First, Business Second," Bio-One provides high-level decontamination and biohazard cleanup services while offering clients the privacy and compassion needed at difficult times. Bio-One operates in 41 states with over 110 locations and is committed to providing first-class service.
"We are thrilled to add Bio-One as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2021 USPFC because First Responders warrant our support," said California Police Athletic Federation President LC Collins. "Bio-One’s reputation is second to none, and with their partnership, we can offer first responders a health and wellness outlet. We look forward to working with them for years to come."
Founded by San Diego Police Lieutenant Veon "Duke" Nyhus, The United States Police & Fire Championships were first held in San Diego in 1967. Duke recognized the need to promote physical fitness and camaraderie among the Public Safety and First Responder community members.
The USPFC caters to active and retired public safety and first responders who participate in Olympic-style competitions and open to individuals representing firefighters, law enforcement, and officers from corrections, probation, border protection, immigration, and customs across the country. Traditionally athletes compete in 45+ sporting events from biathlon to motocross across 35+ venues in Southern California.
"At Bio-One our support for Law Enforcement and Fire Service Officers is unwavering, and we're thrilled to partner with the California Police Athletic Federation during this memorable event," said Nick-Anthony Zamucen, founder of Bio-One. "We wish each athlete success and look forward to celebrating these everyday heroes."
The 2021 USPFC Presented by Bio-One will take place from June 10th to the 19th in venues across San Diego, California, and strengthen the relationship between First Responders and the community for many years to come!
About the United States Police and Fire Championships
The California Police Athletic Federation (CPAF) is the parent organization of two multi-sport programs designed for peace officers and firefighters. The World Police & Fire Games (WPFG) are open to active and retired law enforcement and fire service personnel throughout the world. The United States Police & Fire Championships (USPFC) are open to active or retired public safety and first responder personnel from an eligible agency within the USA. For more information, please visit www.uspfc.org.
Bio-One ranked number one in Entrepreneur magazine’s 42nd Annual Franchise 500 for success in crime-scene and trauma-scene cleaning. This marks the fifth year in a row that Bio-One has been included in the ranking.
Goodyear, AZ. – Bio-One ranked number one in Entrepreneur magazine’s 42nd Annual Franchise 500 for success in crime-scene and trauma-scene cleaning. This marks the fifth year in a row that Bio-One has been included in the ranking.
Bio-One is locally owned and operated by Angela Wilson and Mick Varoskovic. Since 2019 they have served over 150 community members, businesses and government agencies in west Phoenix and surrounding areas.
Bio-One provides service in recovery and suicide cleanup, homicide cleanup, hoarding situations, junk removal, deceased animal recovery, feces removal, pest and rodent droppings and more.
“The motto of ‘Help First, Business Second’ attracted us to pursue joining the Bio-One family and we’re thrilled to part of a winning team,” said Angela Wilson, owner of Bio-One. “We have cherished each opportunity to truly make a difference in our community.”
The number of Bio-One franchises have increased 145 percent in the last three years with over 100 locations in 41 states.
“We’re honored to be recognized by Entrepreneur,” said Nick-Anthony Zamucen, CEO of Bio-One Inc. “The ranking is a direct reflection of our Bio-One family, strength of our business model, and our ability to consistently deliver care and compassion to our clients.”
Over its 42 years in existence, the Franchise 500® has become both a dominant competitive measure for franchisors and a primary research tool for potential franchisees. Bio-One’s position on the ranking is a testament to its strength as a franchise opportunity.
About Bio-One Inc.
Bio-One Inc. is the first crime and trauma scene cleaning franchise, operating in 41 states with over 100 locations. Bio-One is committed to providing excellent service in recovery and suicide cleanup, homicide cleanup, hoarding situations, junk removal, deceased animal recovery, feces removal, pest and rodent droppings and much more. Each office is independently owned and operated by a member of the local community. For more information about Bio-One, visit us at www.bioonegoodyear.com
Goodyear AZ, January 20th, 2020 – Bio-One Inc. has announced the opening of its newest office, in the Goodyear community. Bio-One offices provide top-notch decontamination and biohazard cleanup services while treating clients with the privacy and compassion which difficult moments demand. This location will serve the Goodyear area, and surrounding areas, as well as, assist all other franchised locations.
Bio-One located in Goodyear is owned by Angela Wilson and Mick Varoskovic. After spending years in the customer service industry, Angela and Mick chose to start Bio-One to become more involved in serving their community and helping families in their greatest time of need.
"This is quite an honor for us, to have Angela Wilson and Mick Varoskovic own an office in the Goodyear area. The fact that we found a couple who have a passion to help their community, gives us great pride at our corporate office that we have the right person owning an office in Goodyear,” said Jason OBrien, CEO of Bio-One Inc. “Having Angela and Mick aboard signals that our constant efforts towards business and service excellence are paying off. We are proud to include Angela Wilson, Mick Varoskovic and their Bio-One office in our Bio-One family. They exemplify our company motto of Help First, Business Second."
For more information on Bio-One in Goodyear, Angela Wilson and Mick Varoskovic, please call 623-606-9873 or visit BioOneGoodyear.com
“Bio-One is here to help and serve our community when those are in need”
# # #
About Bio-One Inc.
Bio-One Inc. is the first crime and trauma scene cleaning franchise, operating in 35 States with over 100 locations. Bio-One is committed to providing excellent service in recovery and suicide cleanup, homicide cleanup, hoarding situations, junk removal, deceased animal recovery, feces removal, pest and rodent droppings and much more. Each office is independently owned and operated by a member of the local community. For more information about Bio-One Inc., visit the Company’s website at www.BioOneInc.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE BIO-ONE INC.
Angela Wilson / Mick Varoskovic
Jason OBrien CEO
1. Don’t distract yourself with your phone while walking at night
2. Reconsider headphones while walking or jogging
3. Lock your car doors immediately once you’re in
4. If you’re alone with strangers in elevators, talk to them. This move can diffuse a potentially dangerous sitation
5. Be wary of the windshield wiper ploy, don't ever get out the car to remove a flyer, piece of clothing or anything under the windshield wipers
6. Don’t set down your drink in public or accept drinks from strangers.
7. Park in well-lit areas and use the buddy system
8. Place your keys between your knuckles as a makeshift weapon if you're out walking. Also, you are prepared and avoid having to dig them out.
9. Look confident. Attackers are looking for distracted, vulnerable individuals.
10. Avoid parking next to vans.
11. Switch up your route and routine. If you think you are being followed call the police or go to a police station.
12. Always keep your doors and windows locked
13. Keep an extra key fob on the night stand. Use the alarm to scare off anyone or to just have your keys handy.
14. Leave lights on in and around your house
15. Always close your blinds when it’s dark out
If you are followed or confronted…
16. If you’re being followed, get to a well-populated area
17. If you’re approached, don’t engage with trouble
18. Try a pattern interrupt to surprise your assailant
19. If they try to come close to you, start yelling
20. Make a scene and scream “fire”
21. Go for the wrist and pinky
22. Strike at highly-sensitive body parts. The eyes, nose, ears, neck, groin, knee and legs.
23. Do everything you can to avoid going to a second location
24. Escape from zip-tied wrists by thrusting your arms
25. Free yourself from a trunk through the tail lights
26. Double check your social media settings
27. Take self-defense courses
28. Have a family password
29. Consider getting a dog
30. Always be aware of your surroundings